Welcome to GCKids!
Kids Ministry is OPEN! GCKids programming is available at the 9:00 a.m. service for birth – 5th Grade.
Health and safety are a top priority at Grace Chapel and we are working hard to be in compliance with all state and local health regulations regarding COVID-19. Kids Ministry classes will be limited to 50% capacity in an effort to keep socially distanced where possible.
In order to provide safe and effective environments for our Grace Chapel kids and families, pre-registration is required. Reservations can be made by visiting www.GraceChapel.org/savemyseat. This link allows families to reserve both their seats in the Worship Center, as well as register their kids for Kids Ministry.
Please be sure to check out our FAQ’s below. Feel free to call the Grace Chapel office, or reach out via email (GCKids@gracechapel.org) with any further questions. We can’t wait to have you join us.
When will kids ministry reopen?
WE ARE OPEN!
Nursery – 5th Grade programming is available at the 9:00 a.m. service. Register online www.GraceChapel.org/savemyseat
How will kids be grouped?
Classes will be capped at 50% of room capacity (maximum of 10 kids) to encourage social distancing practices. These groupings will remain together for the duration of the service.
Do I have to make a reservation?
Yes. To ensure safe classroom capacity and ratios, we will be taking reservations for Kids Ministry at this time. To reserve your seat in the Worship Center, as well as your child’s spot in a GCKids classroom, visit www.GraceChapel.org/savemyseat.
*Note: Currently, we will only be offering Kid’s programming at the 9:00 a.m. service.
What processes will you have in place to ensure the health and safety of our kids and families?
We are working hard to be in compliance with all state and local health regulations regarding COVID-19. The safety of our kids and families is an absolute priority.
- Temperature Checks: All children, staff, and volunteers will and must be temperature checked prior to entering departments. Temperatures are not documented and are simply used as a health safety check prior to entering GCKids’ departments.
- Prescreening Questions: Prescreening questions will be implemented as a part of our registration process.
- Masks: Adults are required to wear masks at all times when in our Kids Ministry departments. Per state and local regulations, kids (ages 10 and below) are welcome to wear masks but will not be required. We do ask kids in grades 4 and 5 to wear a mask while in the building.
- Hand Washing/Sanitizer: Regular handwashing is encouraged for all in our Kids Ministry areas. Sinks, soap, and hand sanitizer stations will be available in each department.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing will be strongly encouraged when possible. Obviously, young children are constantly on the move, but we strive to socially distance where possible.
- Classroom Capacity: Room capacity limitations will be in effect to encourage social distancing efforts.
How will drop-off and pick-up work?
Step 1: Register online by visiting www.GraceChapel.org/savemyseat.
Step 2: When on campus, visit the Kids Ministry check-in desk located in the Upper Lobby/HUB. Here, you will be asked pre-screening questions and your child(ren) will be temperature checked. You will also receive your child’s nametag and parent pick-up security tag.
Step 3: You will be guided to the appropriate department for drop-off
*Note: To limit the amount of potential contact, we are asking that just 1 parent handle both drop-off and pick-up.
Is social distancing being practiced in the children’s classrooms?
Do children have to wear masks?
Per state and local regulations, kids (ages 10 and below) are not required to wear a mask. We will ask grades 4 and 5 to wear a mask while in the building. Adults will be required to wear masks at all times when in our Kids Ministry departments.
When and how will the rooms be cleaned?
Will you be serving food/snacks/water?
At this time, we are asking for NO outside food/drinks in our Kids Ministry departments (bottles are the exception for non-crawling infants).
Preschool – Out of an abundance of safety, we will not be providing snacks in the Clubhouse (ages 3 to Kindergarten). We will, however, provide water for kids to stay hydrated.
Nursery – In our nursery, we will be serving individually packaged allergy-friendly snacks with provided water from sanitized sippy cups. This will all be provided by GCKids.
Will we need help in GCKids?
YES! Currently, many of our amazing GCKids volunteers are unable to return to serve at this time. If you would consider serving, even if just for a temporary basis, we would love to have you go through our volunteer screening process. If interested, or for more info, please feel free to reach out by emailing us at GCKids@gracechapel.org.
GC KIDS RESOURCES
Family small groups are designed to encourage families to connect each the week with an incredibly simple format to open and discuss God’s Word. Gather (with your family!) at the kitchen table, on the couch, or wherever is comfortable and discuss the following. Small...
– By Jamie Tressen, Kids Pastor Everybody is talking about the Corona Virus. It’s on the news, social media, everywhere! Everyone is talking about it… but are YOU talking about it with your kids? As a Dad of 3 kids myself, never before have I had to help my kids...
12 verses to combat fear and anxiety: Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding ~ Proverbs 3:5 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And...