we are meeting together again!
Thank you for stopping by our website. This is an interesting time for us as a church. We have existed for over forty years with the goal of gathering people to worship God and then scattering them to go fulfill God’s mission. For three months, we have only been scattered. That was a hard season, but a time where we saw God do glorious things:
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ was preached in various counties and countries!
- Our online attendance remained strong, and we saw hundreds of new viewers each week.
- Everyone’s generosity exceeded our expectations and Grace Chapel’s mission kept thriving!
- We had many people prayed for and connected both online and in-person as we kept the church open. The stories of God’s moving through our people are endless!
- We enhanced our online experience to be better for everyone watching on various platforms and types of devices.
Now we are looking forward to doing BOTH online and on-campus Sunday Services. We will gather people to worship Christ at our physical campus and in our online campus.
Our online experience is not changing. We have made improvements and investments to ensure that we keep the same level of excellence. We will still have online pastors and hosts, live chat, and a vibrant community.
Our on-campus gathering will look different, but we are grateful for the permission the State leaders have given us to meet under the Douglas County variance guidelines. I believe we can glorify God the most by submitting to our leaders and striving to comply with their guidance. While the church will not feel like it did before, at least for a while, we will still be able to gather up to one hundred and seventy-five people in our worship center.
We will also be gathering people back on our campus during the week in smaller groups and with social distancing in place. While Sunday Adult Communities, Youth, and Kids ministry will not meet on Sundays, we are planning other times for these groups to gather during the week.
During this uncertain time as a church, I implore you to help us in the following ways:
- Let’s be patient with each other. While we all may have differing opinions on how we should live in these uncertain times, let’s be patient with each other and bear all things in love (1 Cor. 13:7).
- Let’s be mindful that there are some that cannot join us for live gatherings yet. We realize that there are going to be many people who are not yet comfortable to join us for a live gather. We need to be sure to still include the community that is scattered in our thinking, praying, and connecting.
- Be bold with compassion ministries. There is no time like the present for us to be mindful of our neighbors and the community around us. Let’s show others the love and power of Christ.
- Share the preaching of God’s Word online. Click that share button! We need your help to get our services shared with those who need to hear the truth of Christ. Please share our services on social media.
- Keep valuing community—online and in person. Let’s make sure we are still engaging in Christ-centered community through our Zoom calls, picking up the phone and making intentional calls, or meeting at a park to share life.
- Be a joy to lead. Hebrews 13:17 says to be a joy to those who are leading you. Please trust that we are doing our best to make decisions that glorify God and are mindful of the whole body of Grace Chapel. Please be a joy to your elders and staff!
We are excited to welcome you home. Join us on the campus when you can, but please also join us online every weekend.
We can’t wait to see you live and in-person again!
You are GREATLY loved,
Pastor Josh Weidmann
FAQs for attending live
How do I Save My Seat for a Sunday service?
You can do that online. Gracechapel.org/savemyseat – tickets are available for singles or families.
I tried to register, but couldn’t get in.
If all the reserved seats are taken, we can put you on a waitlist and/or please register for a different date. You will be notified, by email, if space becomes available. Please go to gracechapel.org/savemyseat for that link.
Is Grace Chapel still streaming services online?
Yes. Services will remain online streaming at 9am and 10:45am.
What are we doing to keep everyone safe and healthy?
Please see the information on our Save My Seat page. Gracechapel.org/savemyseat
Will everyone wear a mask?
Yes, we will ask everyone to wear a mask to enter and exit, and/or when moving around. Once you are in your seat, you may remove your mask if you’d like.
What if I forget my mask?
We will have masks available for anyone who needs one.
If I attend a service, how will I know if there is a COVID-19 case?
Grace Chapel is taking necessary precautions by cleaning, sanitizing, and social distancing, however, we can not completely eliminate the risk of exposure. Should we be notified of any potential COVID-19 exposure at Grace Chapel, we will
contact you through the information given on the registration form.
What do I do if I’m volunteering or planning to attend and feel sick?
If you are feeling unhealthy in any way, we ask you to enjoy the services online from the comfort of your home.
Will there be coffee available?
Unfortunately no distribution of food, beverages or any other material is currently allowed. You may bring in your own coffee/beverage if you like.
Is kids programming available?
Not at this time. Find Kid’s Ministries worship service activities and other information at gracechapel.org/gckids
Is Student Ministries available?
Currently, Student Ministries is offering Wednesday night zoom gatherings, but we hope in-person activities will open again soon. For more information contact Mike Svatek. email@example.com
Can GC small groups resume meeting in homes?
Yes, as long as they follow the tri-county health guidelines.
Can Adult Community classes meet together on Sunday?
Not yet, but we’re working on it.
Is the Hope Of Denver still open for counseling?
Yes! Visit thehopeofdenver.com for more information.
What can I do to help right now?
If you’d like to volunteer please email Robin. firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I join a small group during this time?
Yes, small groups are opening up now. Email Mark DeNooy for more information – email@example.com
What are the different ways for me to give right now?
Visit www.gracechapel.org/ways-to-give to see all the different ways you can give to Grace Chapel.