Welcome to GCKids!
Kids Ministry is OPEN! GCKids programming is available at the 9:30 and 11 AM services for birth – 5th Grade.
Health and safety are a top priority at Grace Chapel and we are working hard to be in compliance with all state and local health regulations regarding COVID-19. Kids Ministry classes will be make every effort to keep socially distanced where possible.
Please be sure to check out our FAQ’s below. Feel free to call the Grace Chapel office, or reach out via email (GCKids@gracechapel.org) with any further questions. We can’t wait to have you join us.
Sunday, June 6 & 13 | 11 AM – 12:15 PM in the Lodge.
Cross-Training is a two-week foundations class offered for kids, 1st through 5th grade, interested in learning more about faith in Jesus. The class will cover topics such as sin, salvation, the Gospel message, and baptism. Click here to register: gracechapel.org/rsvp
When is kids ministry open?
WE ARE OPEN!
Nursery – 5th Grade programming is available at the 9:00 and 11 a.m. services.
How will kids be grouped?
Classes will be grouped by age. These groupings will remain together for the duration of the service.
What processes will you have in place to ensure the health and safety of our kids and families?
We are working hard to be in compliance with all state and local health regulations regarding COVID-19. The safety of our kids and families is an absolute priority.
- Prescreening Questions: Prescreening questions will be implemented as a part of our registration process.
- Masks: Adults are required to wear masks at all times when in our Kids Ministry departments. Per state and local regulations, kids (ages 10 and below) are welcome to wear masks but will not be required.
- Hand Washing/Sanitizer: Regular handwashing is encouraged for all in our Kids Ministry areas. Sinks, soap, and hand sanitizer stations will be available in each department.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing will be strongly encouraged when possible. Obviously, young children are constantly on the move, but we strive to socially distance where possible.
- Classroom Capacity: Room capacity will be based on effecient social distancing efforts.
How will drop-off and pick-up work?
Step 1: When on campus, visit the Kids Ministry check-in desk located in the Upper Lobby/HUB. Here, you will be asked pre-screening questions and your child(ren) will be temperature checked. You will also receive your child’s nametag and parent pick-up security tag.
Step 2: You will be guided to the appropriate department for drop-off
*Note: To limit the amount of potential contact, we are asking that just 1 parent handle both drop-off and pick-up.
Is social distancing being practiced in the children’s classrooms?
Do children have to wear masks?
Per state and local regulations, kids (ages 10 and below) are not required to wear a mask. We will ask grades 4 and 5 to wear a mask while in the building. Adults will be required to wear masks at all times when in our Kids Ministry departments.
When and how will the rooms be cleaned?
Will you be serving food/snacks/water?
At this time, we are asking for NO outside food/drinks in our Kids Ministry departments (bottles are the exception for non-crawling infants).
Preschool – Out of an abundance of safety, we will not be providing snacks in the Clubhouse (ages 3 to Kindergarten). We will, however, provide water for kids to stay hydrated.
Nursery – In our nursery, we will be serving individually packaged allergy-friendly snacks with provided water from sanitized sippy cups. This will all be provided by GCKids.
Will we need help in GCKids?
YES! Currently, many of our amazing GCKids volunteers are unable to return to serve at this time. If you would consider serving, even if just for a temporary basis, we would love to have you go through our volunteer screening process. If interested, or for more info, please feel free to reach out by emailing us at GCKids@gracechapel.org.
GC KIDS RESOURCES
– By Jamie Tressen, Kids Pastor Everybody is talking about the Corona Virus. It’s on the news, social media, everywhere! Everyone is talking about it… but are YOU talking about it with your kids? As a Dad of 3 kids myself, never before have I had to help my kids...
12 verses to combat fear and anxiety: Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding ~ Proverbs 3:5 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And...
Hi Parents, We want to share that Sarah Brenning, one of our wonderful co-coordinators in The Lodge, will be leaving our staff on July 18. We love Sarah and are so sad to see her leave the team. We are, however, happy for the opportunities she will have to spend more...