The Marriage Journey - Every Fall
Great Marriages Don’t Just Happen!
The Marriage Journey is a relationship enhancement plan. It is a long-term strategy to motivate couples to invest time and energy into healthy marital practices. Most couples want their relationships to be strong and healthy. They want them to last. But the fact is, most couples experience unpleasant conditions and are not sure what to do about it. A dynamic marriage is a journey, a process of learning through failure and fighting through tough times. This intentional plan is designed to equip and empower couples to thrive, to mature, and to last.
Who is the Marriage Journey for?
- Those who are engaged, to PREPARE you
- Those who have good marriages, to ENRICH you
- Those who have difficult marriages, to RESTORE you
If you would like more information about any of the following opportunities, email Ron Brenning.
Where to go to get Help:
- Electives – Every fall we will offer a four-week elective courses where you will discover the tools and skills that are easy to follow and eventually become patterns in your relationship. God’s blueprint for healthy marriages will be revealed.
- Pre-Pair: Pre-Engagement/Marital Classes – We offer a ten-week course on preparing for marriage. This will be an exciting opportunity to position you to marry God’s way.
- Marriage Retreats – Wouldn’t it be incredible to get a way and just focus on your own relationship? These retreats will center on refreshment and enrichment.
- Tune-Up Event – Once a year, in August, we have a marriage reunion called a Tune-Up. This is our way of monitoring our couples’ effectiveness and motivating them to stay faithful to the task.
- Marriage Mentors – Everyone needs a Mentor! Mentors will be available to walk alongside any couple on their journey. They are experienced guides, good listeners, and role models. The role of a Marriage Mentor is to build relationships, provide a healthy/genuine model, share experiences, suggest resources, encourage and motivate, and, when appropriate, normalize the couple’s experiences. Mentors ARE NOT experts, therapists, parents, meddlers, rescuers, or counselors.
- Counseling – If you are in a serious marriage crisis, we recommend that long-term care be done through Grace Counseling Services at www.gracecounseling.net or call 720-489-8555.
- Marriage Mentor Training – Is available every spring, and if you would like to grow your marriage please consider this unique opportunity in a small group setting.
Weddings: Covenant Marriage Policy at Grace Chapel
This covenant is meant to encourage couples to set aside time for marriage preparation instead of concentrating only on wedding plans. A wedding is but a day; a marriage is for a lifetime. Marriages are not made in Heaven; they are forged on Earth through hard work and commitment. Here at Grace Chapel, we want to assist couples to get the best beginning to a life-long marriage.
As pastors of God’s grace, the pastoral staff at Grace Chapel will strive to abide by the following guidelines in regard to marriages performed within our church.
These guidelines are designed to encourage God’s people to walk in obedience and wisdom as they enter into a covenant relationship with each other and God. It is our conviction that obedience to God’s design in the area of marriage enhances the quality and longevity of the marriage relationship.
To begin this process of pre-marriage counseling and having your wedding at Grace Chapel, please contact Ron Brenning our Marriage and Family Pastor.